Tuesday, February 2, 2010

adorama student post from my class

New York Photography Workshop

Tuesday, January 26, 2010 Posted in Workshop

Attended Pauline St. Denis wedding photography workshop in New York last Sunday. Money well spent. Pauline has extensive experience and knowledge in photography and that’s what you want in an instructor. They have been there and done it. My mom used to say “He/She eats more salt then you.”

Learning and seeing new things is so important in this field because of how fast technology is changing. Doing photography isn’t 100% all about taking great looking pictures. There’s the business end of things and that can make or break you. I think no matter what level you are at, be it beginner, intermediate or advance; you should always make an attempt to attend workshops because there’s so much potential for growth. It’s the perfect opportunity to try new things and to shoot in a different way that you normally don’t shoot. Learning on an actual paid job is not the best bet.

Since I’m so anxious about arriving late, I started the day really early. I took the New Century bus in Chinatown and arrived at the workshop two hours early. Crazy…

Gorgeous model. I’d kill to have a few inches of her height.

Setting up the ginormous softbox.

We went outside for more pictures and people keep coming up to me and asking what are we doing. Is it a real wedding? If I was getting married and there’s like 15 photographers flashing me at every angles; I’d need at least a bottle of Vodka on hand.

This workshop, Wedding Photography: An Editorial Approach is hosted by Adorama. Here is the link to future classes if anyone is interested.

February 1, 2010 - 9:54 pm pauline - wheres my pic? nice shots...

- Show quoted text -


--
Paulinestdenis.com is under construction to view Pauline's work
Check out ip link as well for holga work


For Lifestyle:
http://www.vuemanagement.com/ph/PaulineStDenis/lifestyle/index.html



Kids:

http://www.vuemanagement.com/ph/PaulineStDenis/kids/index.html

holga-ip
http://www.vuemanagement.com/ip/Pauline/index.html

Client list includes Hallmark, TLC/ Discovery, Showtime, NIKE, Sirius Radio, Oxygen, Starz- Encore, Dunkin Doughnuts, Kool, Bergdorf Goodman, Kleinfeld, US Virgin Islands
Reply
Reply to all
Forward




Monica Cipnic
Hi Pauline Thanks for sending this along--very nice and well deserved! I'll s...
10:39 PM (13 hours ago)
Reply
|

Pauline St Denis

to Monica
show details 11:06 AM (44 minutes ago)

thanks m, ill forward more.... and i love the trees
- Show quoted text -

No comments: